- Pay Rate:
£12.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Neighbourhood Housing Officer
Reference no: Gateshead 1000547213944550
Pay rate £12.17 per hour PAYE
The overall purpose of the Neighbourhood Housing Officer role is to deliver an integrated generic housing service to tenants and leasehold customers and to work closely with other teams, councillors and Tenants & Residents Associations to achieve sustainable tenancies in sustainable communities
- Deliver key housing management services to a high standard, ensuring that activities are delivered on time
- Provide assistance, advice and information to residents on the full range of tenancy and estate management services and work with other service areas (e.g repairs) to ensure all contractual responsibilities are met
- Update management information systems and databases with, for example, data relating to customer profiling, tenancy audits, estate inspections, anti-social behaviour and moving home applications
- Respond to complaints, members’ enquiries and problems of service delivery which are within the post holder’s responsibility and make suggestions for improving service delivery
- Ensure the efficient processing of allowances, rights to compensation, ex-gratia claims and discretionary awards in line with policy, audit and legal requirements
- Ensure the delivery of all services comply with relevant legislation and regulation.
- Investigate and manage abandoned properties
- Conduct tenancy checks and investigate tenancy fraud
- To manage decants including being point of contact for tenant liaison
- To carry out new tenant welcome visits and tenancy reviews
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to NQF level 3 (e.g. A Level / BTEC National Diploma, NVQ level 3) or has equivalent demonstrable experience
- Knowledge of current legislation relevant to housing, tenancy and leasehold management and safety and estate management
- An understanding of the issues of housing, estate management, health and safety and how these impact on the well-being of residents and the responsibilities of landlords
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required by the job
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Neighbourhood Housing Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.