- Pay Rate:
£11.81 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
Temporary Minute Taker
Reference no: Plymouth RQ841377
Pay rate £11.81 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
Standard DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
To undertake the minuting of child protection case conferences and complex strategy meetings and to note-take a variety of other meetings when required
- Taking minutes of child protection meetings and other CYP statutory meetings, and summarising information accurately to produce a high quality minute document within departmental timescales
- Supporting the independent chair in creating/updating the written child protection plan during the meeting
- Working alongside the independent chair to ensure appropriate abridgements are made for young people and family members
- Ensuring accurate recording of meeting attendees, including their contact details
- Supporting the Independent Chairs in ensuring information is securely handled during the meeting and afterwards
- Inputting data relating to the minutes accurately into the IT system
- Proactively provide suggestions to the team on measures to improve the service in terms of efficiency, customer experience and best practice supporting a continuous improvement ethos
- Carry out other duties appropriate to the grade of the post
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE's A*- C (9-4) or equivalent in English and Maths
- NVQ3 or equivalent qualification or experience in business support
- Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products and web-based software packages.
- Demonstrable administrative experience with an understanding of office procedures.
- Experience of providing an effective and efficient customer service to both internal and external customers in line with policies and procedures
- Experience of minute and note-taking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to manage contact with service users tactfully, and to interact with a wide range of professionals at all levels
- Ability to sustain concentration needed to minute or note-take lengthy meetings
- Ability to seek support and manage the emotional impact of daily contact and information about people whose personal circumstances may cause distress
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.