- Pay Rate:
£18.67 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire,
Full Job Title: Temporary Mechanical Services Surveyor - Engineering and Surveying
Reference no: Cambridge 5219998
Pay Rate: £18.67 per hour PAYE – prepared to pay higher rate for experienced candidates
The base for this role is Cambridge but will be working from home.
Reporting to the Principal Internal Works Surveyor, you will take the lead in ensuring the effective delivery of services within time and budget. Predominantly this will be the administration, supervision and inspection of new and existing mechanical services installation and upgrading work within properties (either as part of improvement programmes or as individual projects).
You’ll also oversee annual mechanical service improvement programmes (budget estimates and specifications for works) as well as developing and maintaining the mechanical asset register and asset numbering systems.
You will ensure appropriate certification/ document is obtained for all works carried out (including accurate, statutory record-keeping).
You will have substantial experience of all aspects of Mechanical services derived within the construction industry with a proven track-record of undertaking detailed mechanical installations condition survey assessments on a system-by-system basis (including equipment, systems and plant identifying defects, repairs and lifecycle) and experience of providing designs and specification for contractor design tender documents.
You will administer, supervise and inspect new and existing mechanical services installations.
You will also oversee a wide range of mechanical servicing work in properties of all types.
You will deal confidently and pro-actively with queries.
You will have well-developed project and contract management skills as well as a good working knowledge of health and safety and building regulations.
You will be asked to provide specialist technical and professional advice/ support for all building works programmes.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Academic qualification in mechanical engineering/ building services or related discipline at least up to HND level or equivalent (post holder should ideally already possess or be working towards a professional qualification in engineering or facilities management).
- IOSH Managing Safety Certificate holder (strongly desirable).
- GCSE Maths and English (minimum grade C) or equivalent.
- Full driving licence
- Substantial experience of all aspects of Mechanical services derived within the construction industry with a proven track record of undertaking detailed mechanical installations condition survey assessments on a system by system basis (including equipment, systems and plant identifying defects, repairs and lifecycle) and experience of providing designs and specification for contractor design tender documents.
- Broad knowledge of procurement and asset management principles (desirable)
- Knowledge of all aspects of M&E services including associated contractual matters and legislation together with appropriate dispute resolution methods
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory /compliance requirements and certification in respect of M&E and other building services
- Good working knowledge of health and safety regulation (including CDM, risk assessment, accident investigation, COSHH, asbestos) and Building Regulations
- Broad knowledge of procurement and asset management principles (desirable)
- Demonstrable degree of financial and commercial awareness (desirable)
- Well-developed project management and contract management skills.
- Detail minded, able to solve problems and, if necessary, to make risk balanced decisions quickly.
- IT literate including confident use of Microsoft Office software, in-house software packages, intranet, internet and email.
- Resilient and well-organised, able to multi-task, self-organise and manage own workload.
- Customer focussed with high level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear, concise and open manner to a wide range of people.
- High level of risk awareness.
- Flexibility (in terms of work location and operating hours).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Mechanical Services Surveyor - Engineering and Surveying
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.