- Pay Rate:
£33.46 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ISLINGTON, LONDON,
Mechanical Engineer - Property Services
Reference no: Islington RQ773609
Pay rate £33.46 per hour PAYE
To provide a professional mechanical engineering service, specifying and designing new mechanical systems, inspecting works, fault finding, undertaking procurement, acting as contract administrator and project manager for mechanical projects undertaken by the council
- Manage and progress multiple projects at any one time, both during the design and specification stage, while work is on site and during the defect liability period ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget and to specification. Role will include new build projects.
- Provide technical representation where required for committees, area forums, working parties, client organisations, tenant associations, external agencies and other project stakeholders. Arrange and attend stakeholder meetings as required which will include a high degree of resident consultation.
- Represent the Snr Mechanical Engineer when developing and delivering projects with clients and stakeholders to ensure projects are accurately scoped and delivered to meet the council’s objectives.
- Deliver and maintain the highest standards of contract administration, design and budget control on all projects and maintenance contracts. Ensure stakeholders are kept fully briefed and engaged on all aspects of each project.
- Ensure effective briefing, direction and liaison and appointment of any consultants who may need to be appointed.
- Lead on procurement, design and preparation of schemes, specification, maintenance requirements, and estimates along with the project and contract management.
- Keeping up to date with the latest new build standards including Building Regulations, Planning Policy, Sustainable Design and any other standards required to deliver the council’s new build programme.
- Provide assistance and advice to technicians and Inspectors regarding relevant standards and statutory regulations.
- Act as lead officer on feasibility studies, viability and for adherence to Islington Council Standards, Policies and Practices.
- Undertake inspections as and when required to ensure the mechanical works meet standards set out in contract documents
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualified as a Chartered Engineer or full member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers, with considerable relevant experience AND / OR Hold a degree or Higher National Diploma in Building Services Engineering or other relevant qualification with considerable suitable experience working as a project leader on medium / large projects or maintenance and repair programmes or professional building services engineering projects
- Possess broad knowledge of services engineering Statutory regulations, codes of practice and British Standards in particular for new build projects
- Possess broad knowledge and experience of a range of different engineering forms of contract
- Possess excellent detailed technical knowledge and skills to manage retrofit and new build mechanical installations, communal heating , low carbon mechanical installations, works to heat networks and to design and manage work of this nature
- Possess excellent project management skills in order to plan, programme and deliver projects on time and within previously agreed budgets and fees and to monitor and control costs at all stages
- Ability to attend evening meetings
- Ability to advise on the appraisal, selection and appointment and monitoring of contractors and sub -contractors
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Mechanical Engineer - Property Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.