- Pay Rate:
£11.66 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary MASH Officer - Locum
Reference no: NCT (HQ) TCL NCT13999
Pay rate £11.66 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Enhanced DBS plus role is also subject to Police Vetting due to working in the Criminal Justice Centre
Hybrid working mainly 3 days in the office and 2 days at home
A Locum to join the dynamic multi-agency safeguarding team in Northamptonshire. Working in the Northamptonshire MASH, you will be working to safeguard children collaboratively with partner agencies. To deal effectively with enquiries across all channels from members of the public, customers, services users, internal departments and professionals from other agencies (e.g. schools, health, and police). Obtaining comprehensive detail from referrers to gather the most relevant information about concerns for a child/children at the first point of contact
- To deal effectively with enquiries across all channels from members of the public, customers, services users, internal departments and professionals from other agencies (e.g. schools, health, and police). Obtaining comprehensive detail from referrers to gather the most relevant information about concerns for a child/children at the first point of contact.
- To provide advice, guidance and prompt, high quality responses to all child enquiries, and signpost callers to the most appropriate services when support is required, in a consistent and highly professional manner to ensure individuals and agencies that contact the MASH are satisfied with the service provided.
- To ensure appropriate contacts are swiftly and accurately progressed to relevant Decision makers for triage and named partner representatives for requests for information within the set MASH rag rating timescales
- To provide feedback on progress and outcomes on cases/enquiries to partner agencies, professional organisations and the public as appropriate, verbally or in writing.
- To progress appropriate contacts quickly and efficiently enabling a professional decision to be made by the Decision Maker within set timescales as set out in Working Together Guidance and ensuring contacts not accepted by Children’s Social Care are sent to appropriate support services.
- To accurately gather, record and maintain highly sensitive and confidential data on designated databases, collating key information relating to Children's Social Care. To operate in accordance with data protection requirements, ensuring data is stored securely and accurately, to enable the production of statistical and management reports as required.
- To seek advice and guidance from decision makers and Mash Team Managers in response to contacts and queries as required. Raising contacts that require immediate safeguarding action verbally so the Team Manager can ensure that the appropriate plans are undertaken
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE level or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of, and ability to operate within professional, confidential and Ethical guidelines.
- Understanding of the relevant legislation and guidance relating to Safeguarding children.
- An understanding of the roles of different agencies and how they work together to Safeguard children
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to maximising a child’s life chances.
- Experience of understanding vulnerability, risk and need for children, young people and families. Including an understanding of family dynamics.
- Experience of working in teams or organisations relating to delivering services to children
- Experience of working effectively under pressure and ability to produce good quality, accurate and proportionate written and verbal information.
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and well-being of children and young people/vulnerable adults.
- Ability to use a structured approach to gather and record information as a contact relating to children and families in the context of possible safeguarding concerns.
- Ability to collect and analyse complex information drawn from multiple sources, which may be conflicting or incomplete
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
MASH Officer - Locum
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.