- Pay Rate:
£9.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
34 Shift working Monday – Saturday between 06:45-17:30
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- BURTON UPON TRENT, Staffordshire,
Temporary Markets Admin Assistant x2 - Facilities and Environmental Services
Reference no: E Staffordshire 5220066
Pay rate: £9.79 per hour PAYE
Shift Working Monday – Saturday between 06:45-17:30
The Team requires an experienced administrator to assist the Markets Team Leader with the smooth administration of Burton upon Trent Markets and associated day to day tasks.
- Reply/respond to customer requests for information relating to the functions of the Market and Market Hall.
- Liaise with customers and potential traders/Market Hall hirers for bookings and general enquiries answering and resolving hirers queries about the premises/equipment and conditions of hire.
- Deal with enquiries and meet, greet and signpost customers/traders as necessary.
- Ensure accounting and balancing procedures are followed with regard to market rent payments and event bookings.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports of stall and event bookings, Market Hall/Place hire and floor plans.
- Inspect and monitor traders obligations under conditions of occupation rules, and report any breaches in rules to Markets Team Leader. Ensuring that stalls, units, and markets (indoor and outdoor) are on a daily basis clean, tidy, well–presented and in good order and taking appropriate action when necessary.
- Be fully conversant with the responsibilities in relation to the appropriate Health and Safety requirements, including fire regulations, first aid, inspecting and reporting any resultant defects or breaches of such requirements to the Markets Team Leader.
- Issue ID badges, keys and sign contractors in/out of the Market building ensuring that any subsequent contractor work is completed to satisfactory standard and issues are addressed or reported to the Markets Team Leader.
- Monitor and keep accurate records of all services such as cleaning, heating, lighting, water, toilets etc to ensure they are functioning correctly.
- Erect indoor and outdoor market stalls and dismantle as and when required, including the placement of tables with the stalls.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 3 GCSEs including English and Mathematics or equivalent.
Skills & Experience:
- Effective telephone manner and able to deal with queries face to face and on email/telephone.
- Experience in an administrative environment.
- Flexible with weekend working.
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely and confidently with a wide range of people.
- Ability to adapt communication style to particular situations and audiences.
- In good physical health and ability to erect / move equipment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to contribute to team meetings or work groups.
- Ability to initiate and maintain good working relationships with members of staff from all levels of the organisation, and with Market Traders and Local Businesses and relevant associations.
- A flexible and positive approach to change with a willingness to take on new areas of work.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Markets Admin Assistant x2 - Facilities/Environment Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.