- Pay Rate:
£12.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8 months
- Tir-Y-Berth, Wales,
Temporary Maintenance Technician - Multi-Skilled Tradesman x5
Reference no: Caerphilly 5225673
Pay Rate: £12.70 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 8 months
Multi-skilled Maintenance Technicians are needed to undertake general trades maintenance, WHQS improvements and refurbishments to domestic and untenanted properties in more than one trade discipline.
- Provide a multi-skilled service subject to determined competence levels and undertake work outside that associated with the post holders recognised trade background but appropriate to the grade and experience.
- Pre-inspect and diagnose selected repair requirements via the Maintenance Schedule of Rates to identify required resources, materials and plant to undertake building maintenance works and ensure the efficient use of these resources.
- Ensure that repairs and maintenance / WHQS improvement works are undertaken in a considerate manner within agreed timescales, meeting customer satisfaction and needs.
- Daily completion of job tickets and timesheets either electronically (by mobile device) or via paper records, describing works undertaken in sufficient detail to assist in the calculation of performance and invoicing data.
- Action the instructions and requirements relating to the delivery of Housing Repair Operations / WHQS Section via the various methods adopted for work allocation.
- Accurately record work undertaken via the Maintenance Schedule of Rates identifying relevant Schedule of Rates codes, actual working time, materials, and plant used in the execution of Housing Repair Operations / WHQS Section work.
- Ensure the safe use and storage of plant and materials issued to the post holder in the course of their duties and where required ensure that material issued for imprest material van stocks are maintained and replenished to satisfy stock taking requirements.
- Where required, collect materials, replenish imprest van stocks, deliver to site, and ensure that all residual waste materials arising from maintenance works / WHQS improvement works are taken from site and disposed of in accordance with service guidelines.
- Adhere to Health and Safety legislation and relevant policies and procedures and take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be adversely affected by your acts or omissions.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ Level 2 qualification in appropriate trade.
- Knowledge of relevant Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Safe Systems of Work and Health and Safety issues relating to the post.
- Relevant asbestos awareness.
- Knowledge and experience in undertaking associated building trade skills.
- Must possess good diagnostic experience and skills to pre-inspect and diagnose requirements for repairs, maintenance, new domestic, commercial, and industrial installations, or refurbishments.
- Relevant experience within a repairs, maintenance, refurbishment, or new build environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Competent in another trade.
- Ability to interpret and action technical instructions.
- Ability to utilise technology in the workplace.
- Capable of working on own initiative or within a team environment.
- Ability to prioritise work.
- Ability to operate in a multi-task, multi-functional environment and perform designated jobs or multi-functional tasks.
- Flexible in approach to work duties.
- Flexible in approach to working hours during the normal working week and job skills.
- Punctual, reliable and ability to meet prioritised work.
- Customer focused attitude.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full UK Category B (Cars) Driving Licence.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Maintenance Technician - Multi-Skilled Tradesman x8
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.