- Pay Rate:
£22.43 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, staggered four shift rota (Fri / Sat / Sun / Mon), 08:30-18:00
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- SOLIHULL, West Midlands,
Interim Maintenance Engineer
Reference no: VLA 5242329
Pay rate: £22.43 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 36, staggered four shift rota (Fri / Sat / Sun / Mon), 08:30-18:00
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: SOLIHULL, West Midlands
A Maintenance Engineer is required to carry out planned and reactive maintenance tasks on all assets across sites. To work a staggered four shift rota (Fri / Sat / Sun / Mon).
- Fault finding, installing and maintaining plant, equipment and infrastructure.
- Occasional working at height requirements.
- Assisting during major maintenance periods, shut downs and outages.
- PLC and control wiring fault diagnosis.
- Apply problem solving techniques to diagnose, remedy and report plant defects and propose improvements to the Maintenance Manager
- Maintain accurate maintenance records.
- Assist with the coaching of others to ensure that they gain the appropriate level of exposure to working practices, and the experience that they need to progress.
- Support the Production Team.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Time served Maintenance Engineer who is electrically and mechanically competent in three-phase and single-phase power, control circuits and equipment fault finding.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with 17th or 18th Edition status preferable.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Proven experience within heavy industrial engineering.
- Excellent Health and Safety awareness.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to work with flexibility.
- Good team worker.
- A positive attitude.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.