- Pay Rate:
Up to £18.14 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Exeter, Devon,
Temporary Locality Officer – Housing
Job Ref: SGN 5240766
Pay Rate: Up to £18.14 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: Exeter, Devon
Basic DBS disclosure required for this role
The successful candidate will be accountable for delivering a professional and high-quality mixed tenure service to our customers across your locality. They will use their knowledge and skills to resolve a range of housing management challenges including: Anti-Social Behaviour, housing and neighbourhood issues, contractual related breaches and changes, fraud and safeguarding.
- Effectively and proactively managing a complex caseload whilst seeking creative solutions to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ensuring our neighbourhoods are safe, whilst listening to our customers needs.
- Contributing to shaping sustainable communities and developing an environment that is safe and inclusive for our customers.
- Fulfilling our landlord responsibilities, including adherence to our policies and procedures, as well as all regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Taking a pro-active approach to health & safety and compliance.
- Providing an excellent customer experience which contributes to us achieving 90% customer satisfaction.
- Working in collaboration with colleagues from across the locality to conduct a programme of routine checks and deliver improvements to our homes and places.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and partner agencies.
- To take responsibility to deliver the right outcome for our customer in a safe and timely way.
- As a key member of the locality team, model and bring our values to life, driving a culture of inclusion, collaboration, learning, development and high-performance.
- Deliver operational elements of a tenure blind service across your locality, with a specific focus on tenancy, lease, and neighbourhood management to meet agreed performance.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- CIH membership or equivalent.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of delivering effective responsive tenure blind landlord services with locality teams to sustain tenancies and maintain our homes and places.
- Excellent demonstratable knowledge of tenancy, lease and neighbourhood approaches to maintain and improve outcomes for our customers.
- An effective communicator that builds trust and respect able to influence and challenge.
- Experience of working across teams and agencies to address complex customer needs.
- Evidence of suggesting and supporting the delivery of innovative concepts, utilising future changes in policy to support flexibility in a responsive organisation.
- Previous experience of delivering housing management services.
- Have a track record of meeting deadlines and working effectively with others in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to record and maintain the proper use of data.
- Understanding of data breaches, associated implications and industry standards of preventing/triaging a breach.
- Evidence of excellent customer service achievements in a complex delivery environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Locality Officer – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.