- Pay Rate:
£24.42 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- DORCHESTER, Dorset,
Interim Locality Manager – Adult Social Care
Reference no: Dorset 5227327
Pay rate: £24.42 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 4 months
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client
Full driving licence required
A Specialist Manager is required to support the Learning Disability team, a team of social workers and assessment support co-ordinators working with people who have Learning Disabilities. To provide leadership alongside other managers and have previous managerial experience at a senior level. Provide supervision and have line management responsibility and be able to support staff to develop their social work practice and have good a strength-based practice. A comprehensive understanding of legislation, risk management, budgets and court work and complex case work is required.
Candidates will need to be local to Dorset Council or be able to travel as will be required to work in the office.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of the operational specialist teams assigned to them for a period of time to ensure the delivery of the Adult Care Act responsibilities of the Local Authority.
- Specific responsibilities to support the professional development of the officers within the Specialist LD Teams which sit within the wider Locality service. The Specialist LD teams provide assessment support and care management to people with a primary support need of a Learning Disability using a strength based and community focussed approach.
- Lead the designated staff with implementation of the Care Act, and other relevant legislation including upcoming changes associated with the social care reforms and liberty protection safeguards, leading developments in quality of social work and OT practice with the Principal Social Worker and Principal OT with specific oversight and management of the Area Practice Managers who will be a critical point for ensuring the quality of practice.
- Ensure that practice is compliant with legislation and delivers the local authority responsibilities. As part of this to support the development of learning and development opportunities which should be aligned with professional development requirements.
- Support the delivery of the practice and service changes required to make Dorset Adult Social Care a modern and progressive service which meets the outcomes of people in Dorset.
- Lead change to embed co production in practice and valuing the diversity and experience of the adult and their family to improve their outcomes.
- Support the strategic development and implementation of specific workstreams within A Better Life Programme. Contribute to the design and implementation of new operating models for adult social care, especially within the ‘Digital and Demand’ workstream.
- Accountable for ensuring that their adult social care team operational budgets are well managed, that national and local performance targets are achieved and, where required, mitigating actions are put in place to manage risks to delivery.
- Be involved in audit work, quality assurance and budget meetings and provide regular performance and quality reports as required.
- This position has a significant travel requirement.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge:
- A comprehensive understanding of legislation, risk management, budgets and court work and complex case work is required.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Locality Manager – Adult Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.