- Pay Rate:
£18.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- WALTHAMSTOW, LONDON,
Licensing Enforcement Officer
Reference no: Walthamstow RQ743928
Pay rate £18.17 per hour PAYE
To undertake the Council’s statutory functions in relation to premises licensed under the Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, London Local Authorities Act 1991 (Special Treatments) and others, ensuring compliance with codes of practice, guidance and legislation. Conduct regulatory inspections at relevant premises to ensure that licensing conditions, including the monitoring of permitted hours, and other legislative requirements are complied with. To undertake the investigation of complaints, assess the level of non-compliance and initiate appropriate action
- Ensure that commerciality is fully integrated into day to day role as a front-line field officer as part of the overall Redefining Waltham Forest programme. Use all opportunities to identify potential sources of income for both the specific service and wider Council services to fully exploit commercial opportunities and maximise generated income
- Authorised officer for the undertaking of the Council’s statutory functions in relation to work area and associated legislation
- To be competent in relevant inspections/enforcement actions
- To take part in regular “action” days that may involve out of office work out of hours which may include early appointments and evening visits.
- To represent the team and department at internal and external meetings. To meet members and their representatives
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant vocational qualification (National Certificate of Licensing Practitioners etc..)
- Excellent knowledge and application of IT systems and software packages
- Relevant legislative and or procedural knowledge for specialist area
- Experience of having worked in a fast faced, customer focused environment
- Experience in working flexibly, balancing competing priorities and meeting deadlines whilst understanding the needs, timescales and deadlines of others
- Ability to deal diplomatically and confidentially with a wider range of stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to identify improvements to processes and systems and to share the recommendations with the wider team
- Ability to travel within the Borough within the course of duties
- Excellent levels of literacy and numeracy
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Licensing Enforcement Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.