- Pay Rate:
£11.95 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Greenwich, London,
Temporary Licensing Delivery Technical Officer / Admin – Housing
Reference no: Greenwich RQ848152
Pay rate: £11.95 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Standard DBS disclosure required
A Licensing Delivery Technical Officer is required to assist with providing an effective, efficient and timely private rented property licensing administration service that meets statutory requirements and accords with the Council’s policies, practices and procedures. To act as the first point of contact for receipt of private rented property licensing application enquiries and provide accurate, technical advice and guidance to landlords/agents on compliance with private rented property licensing schemes and their statutory obligations under all applicable and relevant legislation, codes, best practice and policies.
- Provide technical clerical and administrative support in a busy working environment for the efficient delivery of private rented property licences.
- Provide a first point of contact for receipt of private rented property licensing application enquiries and to provide accurate technical advice.
- Deal with enquiries in person and by phone in a professional, confident and positive manner, in accordance with the Council's policies and standards on customer engagement, delegating and redirecting callers or work arising as required and ensuring that urgent action is taken where necessary.
- Process private rented property licence applications, including renewals, variations, amendments and the notification of Council decisions on matters relating to licences in accordance with legislative requirements and council policies and procedures. Updating of databases.
- Following laid down procedures, to undertake administrative checks of all certificates and documentation provided by licence holders and new applicants, checking statutory information is correct, including dates and notice periods, confirming as appropriate that licence application conditions have been met.
- Research, analysis, and reconciliation support.
- Review application technical plans and drawings to determine and set applicable capacity within the property in accordance with relevant Housing Standards.
- Ensure that all required information is collected and accurately entered and recorded on relevant database system to enable proper processing of licence applications, liaising with relevant people as appropriate.
- Receive and process enquiries, comments, consultation and objections relating to private rented property licensing matters and arrange mediation with all interested parties as appropriate.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 3 GCSE's, Grades A-C, or equivalent including English and Mathematics.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of drafting, preparing, reviewing, and completing various property documents.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Demonstrable knowledge derived from working in support of a service comprised of housing professionals, including understanding and appreciation of private sector housing and relevant licensing provisions, legislation and standards desirable.
- A track record of identifying, initiating and implementing service improvements and the ability to introduce new systems, measure their effectiveness and develop tangible outputs.
- Experience of the delivery of an area of work relevant to the regulation of Private Sector Housing and Licensing desirable.
- Able to produce written guidance on matters within the post holder’s knowledge, expertise and professional competence including interpretation of legislation and applicability as well as implementation of compliance codes, best practice and working procedures/protocols.
- Ability to ensure the management of all high-risk cases within priority deadlines, and respond to complaints, correspondence and enquiries within corporate deadlines.
- Ability to set up and develop partnerships and networking arrangements with other council departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of people.
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own direction.
- Able to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Licensing Delivery Technical Officer / Admin - Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.