- Pay Rate:
£22.85 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- LEWISHAM, LONDON,
Reference no: Lewisham 0006 F7D8 / 1
Pay rate £22.85 per hour PAYE
This role requires someone who is able to work flexibly across several sites and on 3 week rota which includes working until 6pm up to 3 days a week, Saturday and Sunday. There is a weekend off every 3rd week
To provide a high quality customer focused Library and Information Service in accordance with the Council’s vision, key priorities and service core principles
- Lead and manage the effective and efficient operation of library services to ensure excellent customer service.
- Operationally implement practices and procedures related to the council’s digital-by-default and the government’s assisted digital agendas.
- Support colleagues in delivering digital and information services.
- Manage allocated staff to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of services. Undertake PES interviews and any other processes associated with human resource management to ensure continuity of service delivery.
- Motivate staff and ensure training needs are identified and met in the most appropriate way.
- Ensure library spaces look welcoming and attractive at all times allocating staff as necessary.
- Ensure buildings delivering services are maintained and managed according to Council requirements and Health and Safety standards.
- Work with colleagues to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of services.
- Ensure targets for service delivery are met against specified outputs and outcomes.
- Ensure all accurate statistical information is returned and reported to senior managers when requested
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Chartered or qualified Librarian or must have experience of working in a public library or public space
- Excellent knowledge of managing a team
- Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety issues as they affect buildings, public and staff
- Excellent knowledge of local and national digital agendas
- Good knowledge of the latest developments in library & information services
- Excellent experience of managing staff and buildings
- Excellent experience of managing, developing and motivating a team of staff effectively
- Excellent experience of championing digital services and infrastructure
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.