- Pay Rate:
Up to £15.33 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire,
Temporary Lettings Officer – Housing
Reference no: Cambridge 5228010
Pay Rate: Up to £15.33 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The successful candidate will be responsible for the void management and tenancy start-up for all City Council’s properties including liaising with internal Voids team to minimise void times and maximising income through sustainable tenancies.
- Ensure all vacant homes are re-let efficiently and in-line with the Council’s policies, practice and procedures, Choice Base Lettings and performance targets.
- Work closely with City Homes to re-let properties. effectively and minimise the rental income loss, ensuring they are re-let within the performance targets.
- Provide a high level of customer service including assisting tenants moving in and out of Council properties and offering customer advice and information about other aspects of tenancies.
- Support applicants on the register who require disabled adapted properties.
- Liaise with the Finance Team regarding all matters with a financial implication
- Build relationships with other specialist (statutory and non-statutory) support services.
- Effectively promote the Council’s Tenants Contents Insurance scheme and garages to let.
- Respond to correspondence from a variety of sources e.g., tenants; Councillors; MPs, solicitors and advice agencies (including investigating and resolving customer complaints) ensuring the Council’s timescales are met.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Practical experience of working in a large social housing provider.
- Demonstrable experience of working in tenancy management or in similar enforcement or community development role.
- Experience of visiting customers/clients in a face to face in a service setting.
- Experience of visiting customers/clients within their own environment e.g. home which may be outside of normal working hours – lone working.
- Knowledge of welfare benefits and up to date benefits legislation.
- Experience of needs/risk assessment and support planning.
- Familiarity with working to financial procedures and processes.
- Operational understanding of relevant Housing Law.
- Demonstrable awareness of housing management best practice.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good standard of numeracy and the ability to do arithmetical calculations.
- Ability to negotiate with customers.
- Ability to understand complex information and reproduce the information in easy to understand formats.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear, concise and open manner to a wide range of people.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Strong people skills, including the ability to build rapport and empathise.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Lettings Officer – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.