- Pay Rate:
£16.36 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- SOUTHWARK, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Lettings Officer – Garages
Job Reference: Southwark 5220372
Pay Rate: £16.36 per hour PAYE
This role is 100% working on site and from offices in Southwark. There is no scope for homeworking with this role.
To deliver excellent professional and specialist services to residents in line with the Council’s vision, values, resources, strategic and service priorities.
To maximise letting of over 7000 garages, underground car parks and other parking schemes.
To ensure that the waiting list is managed appropriately and that properties are allocated in accordance with the lettings policy and procedure.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of letting non-residential units including garages and barrow stores and experience of managing parking schemes in both the public and private sectors.
- Experience of assessing stock condition and identifying repairs.
- Experience of resolving problems with void turnarounds and lettings of non-residential units.
- Experience of finding positive solutions to meet customer needs. Actively seeking alternative ways to solve problems
- Experience of maintaining accurate records for management information reporting.
- Experience of drafting non-residential leases and non-residential tenancy agreements and enforcing the terms and conditions.
- Experience in a customer facing role, ideally in a social housing field and or commercial property management
- Experience of working in a performance management environment and meeting of personal and team performance targets
- Knowledge of legal processes on tenancy management, in particular surrounding the ending and commencing of licences.
- Knowledge of repairs and lettings standards.
- Knowledge of computerised housing management systems and ability to learn and adopt new technological approaches.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Able to communicate effectively to a high standard, orally and in writing and able to write reports.
- Ability to develop and maintain key relationships with stakeholders and work effectively across the division and department and to represent the Garages and Homeownership team both internally and externally
- Effective numeracy skills, able to interpret and calculate statistical information.
- Ability to prioritise effectively, to meet deadlines and to deal with conflicting priorities. Ability to meet standards and targets. Effective time and project management skills
- Ability to work remotely without direct management and supervision using own initiative and to be self-motivated and committed to providing a service to customers.
- Able to understand and effectively use legal processes
- ICT Skills: Ability to use a wide range of computer packages, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and housing management systems.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Lettings Officer – Garages
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.