- Pay Rate:
£19.80 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 10-11 months
- Newham, London,
Temporary Lettings & Events Officer - Facilities Management
Reference no: GLX 0007 D18A / 1
Pay Rate: £19.80 per hour PAYE
37 hours Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 10-11 months
City: Newham, London
Basic DBS disclosure required for this role
The purpose of the role is to plan, organise and oversee the running of events at various locations, and to promote these venues to commercial clients to achieve income targets. This will include the monitoring of statutory compliance and liaison with clients, production teams and other stakeholders.
- Act as the first point of contact, co-ordinate and facilitate events for internal and external clients.
- Oversee the running of all events and activities at various locations, taking responsibility for commercial and charity events as well as demonstrations and rallies.
- Co-ordinate and undertake liaison with key stakeholders, including regular contact with contractors, the neighbours of Trafalgar and Parliament Squares, the Metropolitan Police and other statutory authorities to ensure events comply with relevant regulatory requirements and are well managed.
- Promote, market and expand the use of City Hall and Trafalgar Square for commercial events to meet budgeted annual income targets.
- Apply health, safety and security considerations during the planning and implementation of events.
- Provide information sheets and communicate relevant details to the appropriate teams and contractors.
- Supervise contractors to ensure all contracted services are co-ordinated for events.
- Work with internal facility providers to ensure all FM services are coordinated for events.
- Develop and maintain finance and accounting systems, including the generation of reports.
- Participate as a member of the command and control cadre for emergencies and incidents and participate in the out of hours Duty Silver and Silver Support Officer management rota for the GLA’s premises at City Hall, Trafalgar Square and Parliament Square Gardens.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Educated to GCSE level with a minimum of 4 passes at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of managing events, functions or hospitality services in a high profile organisation or customer led environment.
- Experience of promoting and marketing high profile venues with a view to extending commercial market activity.
- A good knowledge of health and safety and statutory legislation in relation to facilities management services, and an ability to promote best practice on environmental and sustainability issues. A NEBOSH national general certificate is desirable.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft applications.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Lettings & Events Officer - Facilities Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.