- Pay Rate:
£16.90 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- Kensington, London,
Temporary Lettings Assistant/Admin – Housing
Reference no: K&C 5243932
Pay Rate: £16.90 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 12 months
City: Kensington, London
Basic DBS disclosure required for this role.
The primary aim of the Lettings Assistant is to liaise with internal colleagues, including Property Services and Housing Needs to ensure a prompt turnaround of empty homes.
The successful candidate will be working with colleagues to ensure effective void management processes. Managing decant cases, assisting in matching properties for management transfers. Overseeing and ensuring updates are provided for zero rents and Orbis accounts.
- Responsible for lettings administration, ensuring all records relevant to the role are completed promptly and are accurate.
- Responsible for producing lettings packs and ensuring that the information contained within the packs are accurate and up to date.
- Liaise with the Voids and Allocations Teams effectively to ensure a prompt turnaround of empty homes, thereby minimising rent loss.
- Sending adverts for empty homes to housing allocations on a weekly basis ready for advertising on the Council’s choice-based lettings site. Recording virtual viewings as and when required.
- Responsible for system updates including processing end of tenancies. Working closely with Neighbourhood Services Teams to ensure that they are processing end of tenancy notices promptly and reporting these to the Lettings Team as and when they occur.
- Coordinate and administrate the void call over meetings, ensuring all papers are accurate and agenda is agreed by the Lettings Manager/Head of Neighbourhood Management.
- Maintain and use performance dashboards to provide status reports as and when required.
- Provide information and advice to new and prospective residents about the lettings process.
- Act as a first point of contact and provide a responsive and seamless service to internal and external customers, in line with customer service standards and the Council’s values.
- Managing upcoming empty homes (voids) that are within the notice period and working closely with the Neighbourhood Services Teams to ensure keys are handed back and property is cleared within the relevant timeframes.
- Managing decant cases and ensuring the updates are provided for weekly meetings. Working closely with the Neighbourhood Services.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Qualified to Charted Institute of Housing Level 2 or relevant equivalent qualification or be committed to undertaking ongoing professional development commensurate with the role.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working in social housing or a lettings environment.
- Experience of delivering successful customer focused services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers by demonstrating tact, diplomacy, sensitivity and customer care.
- Ability to solve problems fairly and logically.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Lettings Assistant/Admin – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.