- Pay Rate:
£21.33 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- ISLINGTON, LONDON,
Interim Legal Case Manager
Reference no: Islington RQ786978
Pay rate £21.33 per hour PAYE
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
They will work along side the legal team under the management of the legal and surveying manager
- Effectively project managing high profile cases, maintaining clear communications with Head of service, senior management, members of the team, and other internal staff, contractors and residents.
- Ensure that Legal repairs projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality. To liaise and negotiate with contractors.
- Examine tenders, invoices, accounts and claims rendered by contractors and respond appropriately. Obtain tenders/quotations from approved contractors for works not covered by the main contracts, and ensure that proper approvals for expenditure are obtained before ordering any works, all to be in accordance with Islington Councils policy and procedures.
- Maintain the highest possible standards of achievements, such that projects and programs are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality.
- Give support and guidance to colleagues and provide specialist knowledge on the Freedom of information act 2000 and Data Protection Act.
- To liaise with all relevant stakeholders in order to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the service through scoping of works, management and utilisation of all resources
- To work proactively with the Finance department to ensure all financial procedures are effective and co-operating in accordance with the organisational policy. To prepare, control and manage specific budget streams
- Set up systems to ensure that finance related-tasks include monitoring and reconciliation of income and expenditure are completed effectively to support the service.
- To attend site with surveyors if required, legal team consultants to assess works/ progress to ensure works are completed to Councils standards in the most efficient timescales.
- Assist when required provide technical support/advice to colleagues
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Recognised construction-related qualification to at least Higher National Certificate or Higher National Diploma level with a demonstrable track record as a project manager on cyclical projects
- Knowledge of Legal legislation in relation to Housing disrepair and ability to interpret legislation in application of legal repair works
- Thorough knowledge of building construction, ability to understand specifications and the ability to write technical reports
- Experience of managing conflicting and monitoring others to effectively meet performance targets and deadlines. Demonstrates substantial experience of dealing with the public, resolving queries/ problems or giving advice
- Proven extensive experience of surveying or maintenance, including a proven track record as a project manager, delivering large and moderately complex projects within fee levels and cost guidelines
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage and lead on a number of projects at any one time and accurately updating IT systems and databases
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other colleagues, technical and non-technical, working parties, external clients and agencies, Councillors and committees, tenants, leaseholders, contractors and consultants
- Ability to prepare project programs, plan and deliver projects according to the program within budgets and fees and to monitor and control costs at all stages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Legal Case Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.