- Pay Rate:
£31.67 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 - 3 months
- Brixton, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Legal Assistant/Assistant Lawyer Housing - Legal
Reference no: Lambeth RQ662111
Pay Rate: £31.67 per hour PAYE
A Legal Assistant/ Assistant Lawyer for Housing is required.
The job is within the housing legal team and the successful person would join a team of legal officers dealing with caseloads of housing related litigation cases.
The majority of the work will be covering disrepair claims that have been issued by outside solicitor firms.
You will be legally qualified, either solicitor, CILEX , with experience dealing with housing litigation and in particular with disrepair cases, ie S.11, EPA cases , and following them through to court, complying with court directions and negotiating settlements.
Experience of working for a local authority legal team is an advantage.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Legal qualification ie solicitor
- Experience of housing litigation especially disrepair cases
- Experience of court
- Experience of negotiation settlements
- Experience of dealing with and managing case loads
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Legal Assistant/Assistant Lawyer Housing - Legal
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.