- Pay Rate:
£16.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- SOUTHWARK, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Legal Admin Assistant – Childcare Team
Job Reference: Southwark 5222776
Pay Rate: £16.00 per hour PAYE
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
A legal assistant is required to join the busy child care team. Previous experience of working in a local authority child care team is essential.
You will be supporting a team of safeguarding lawyers; mostly supporting the child care team by undertaking the following:
- drafting applications under the children act and issuing proceedings using the FPL system (so need to be familiar with that);
- drafting requests for police records and following up and tracking progress on those;
- drafting letters of instruction to experts; identifying experts and counsel as required;
- opening files on the case management system; The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in the duty rota which means triage incoming email to duty in box, responding or referring cases on to lawyers.
You will hold a small caseload of matters covering section7 and section 37 requests and possibly some requests by police for access to social services files and following the established procedures for dealing with these.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant experience as a Legal Secretary or Administrator within a fee earning environment. - Or -
- Law degree, or equivalent
- Administrative experience, ideally in a legal environment, will include:
- Interpreting policy/ procedural guidance, where courses of action are not clear, and advise others accordingly
- Compiling and maintaining records and administrative systems both manual and computerised
- Managing manual and IT records to achieve efficiency and confidentiality
- Using a wide range of office equipment and ICT software
- Organising and prioritising a workload, managing conflicting demands.
- Working in a customer focused environment
- Knowledge of how equal opportunities principles apply in administrative and customer services.
- Literacy skills in order to research and produce reports, management information, non-standard correspondence, minutes and accurate records of meetings.
- Numeracy skills in order to compile statistical and financial information and undertake complex calculations.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to encourage positive working relationships with staff and colleagues.
- Experience of composing written materials that meet customers’ needs:
- original correspondence
- appropriate use of e-mail
- administration of meetings including note/minute taking
- ICT Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office at a level to compile; reports (including embedded tables / diagrams), correspondence, presentations, maintaining spreadsheets, meeting arrangements.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Legal Admin Assistant – Childcare Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.