- Pay Rate:
£28.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- WESTMINSTER, LONDON,
Leasehold Litigation Team Manager
Reference no: Westminster RQ770953
Pay rate £28.00 per hour PAYE
Manage complex queries from leaseholders and senior staff on leasehold related matters, in person, through e-mail and written correspondence and by telephone. To ensure the highest standards in customer care are adhered to and act at all times in a professional manner. Represent at the First-tier Tribunal and County Court in cases brought by the leaseholder. This will include all preparation work needed together with liaison with our solicitors. Apply for S20 dispensation with the First-tier tribunal where required. Lead on ad hoc leasehold case work, which may involve many different stakeholders. Provide staff with advice and guidance on company policy and leasehold legislation as required. This may involve investigating a subject and seeking advice from solicitors
- Lead by example, maintaining an approachable and professional outlook while working in a highly demanding fast paced front-line services role. Motivating and inspiring staff to deliver excellent levels of customer satisfaction.
- Share knowledge and expertise within the team to ensure that there is consistency in approach across the team with a focus of the development of the advisors’ knowledge, skills and expertise.
- Ensure that the service provided to leaseholders is professional, polite, friendly and customer focused.
- Ensure that the Litigation Officer receives regular 1-1 meetings and seasonal conversations with a focus on their wellbeing and personal development.
- Hold regular team meetings ensuring that there is good communication with staff and staff are engaged in the process of identifying and implementing service improvements. Ensure that the team are well briefed on issues across the Council and corporate messages are cascaded.
- Establish a culture of continuous service improvement ensuring that the service is developed based on learning from complaints, feeback from leaseholders, leaseholder satisfaction surveys and learning from Our Voice staff survey responses.
- Ensure that the Litigation Officer is fully trained. Manage internal training sessions and arrange training from external providers. Maintain a training record for the officer.
- Ensure that all leasehold case management actions are fully recorded, and all documentation is scanned and attached to the relevant case file.
- Set individual and team performance targets. Manage performance in line with Council policy taking appropriate action to manage any areas of poor performance.
- Monitor performance indicators and support the team to achieve agreed KPIs and core business objectives
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge of Leasehold legislation and best practice relating to leasehold consultation, billing service charges and leasehold management (desirable)
- Experience of working within a Leasehold management service or a legal service managing leasehold cases (desirable)
- Experience of managing a team of staff (desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer service skills and ability to deal with difficult and challenging behaviour
- Ability to demonstrate and inspire enthusiasm, drive and a highly people-focused attitude to work
- Familiarity with IT and computer systems
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Leasehold Litigation Team Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.