- Pay Rate:
£18.76 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- HACKNEY, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Leasehold Finance Officer – Housing
Job Reference: Hackney RQ786592
Pay Rate: £18.76 per hour PAYE
To work as part of the Leasehold Finance Team responsible for; the calculation of service charges; major works; reserve fund; shared ownership rent and ground rent; the production of the estimated, interim and actual invoices; and, the billing of service charge and rent payers, including service of Section 20B notices.
To prepare and issue appropriate Section 20 notices for all schemes and services, including Qualifying Long Term Agreements.
To ensure the provision of a high quality customer services to the Council’s residents.
To effectively maintain the service charge and major works database/module making accurate changes to customer accounts.
To carry out a range of financial administrative functions to ensure the successful delivery of Leasehold and Right to Buy Services (LRTBS).
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge & Experience:
- A broad level of knowledge of the processes and legislation governing service charge and major works
- Extensive knowledge and experience of financial aspects of leasehold management
- Experience of preparation of annual property accounts, major works and service charge calculation
- Experience of working in a financial environment carrying out a range of financial administrative functions
- An understanding of S20 consultation processes
- Knowledge of accountancy principles and internal controls relating to income and expenditure accounts
- Experience of successfully dealing with queries and complaints from customers
- ICT Skills: Excellent IT skills, proficient in Microsoft packages, especially Excel and Access
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Willingness and ability to work flexible hours on occasions including during some weekends and evenings.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Leasehold Finance Officer – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.