- Pay Rate:
Up to £21.32 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday to Friday, 8.3am to 5pm
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Bristol, City of Bristol,
Interim Learning & Development Advisor – Human Resources
Job Ref: WECA 5240654
Pay Rate: Up to £21.32 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday to Friday, 8.3am to 5pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: Bristol, City of Bristol
Hybrid working – 2 days a week in the office
Full time or 4 days a week will be considered
The purpose of the role is to work with all HR and other stakeholders within the Combined Authority in identifying, designing, delivering, and evaluating a range of L&D solutions to deliver the L&D Plan as part of the overall HR strategy. Support the L&OD Partner across all L&D solutions and be responsible for the management and co-ordination of designated workstreams and projects.
- Provide support to the L&OD Partner in the development, planning and delivery of performance and development initiatives, programmes and complex L&D projects at an organisational level and service level.
- Act as the first point of call for all L&D queries from managers and staff about their learning needs, and provide day-to-day advice to managers and employees seeking advice and support.
- With direction or support from the L&OD Partner, be responsible for the evaluation and review of the regular L&D programme in order to drive forward improvements and changes.
- Keep the L&D Policy and its supporting processes and documentation, under regular review ensuring it is user friendly, supports the L&D Plan within the HR Strategy and conforms to good practice.
- Create, maintain and communicate internal L&D promotion materials.
- With direction or support from the L&OD Partner, act as the systems lead for the LMS, ensuring that it hosts appropriate Statutory and Mandatory training courses, other suitable course content and records of completion. This will also require setting up regular reports and ensuring these are scheduled.
- Provide training, advice and support to the HR team and across the organisation on the use and management of the Learning Management System.
- Support the L&OD Partner in the collation and interpretation of both quantitative and qualitative data/information to monitor L&D activity including Statutory and Mandatory compliance. The post holder will be instrumental in developing and creating a standard for L&D KPI reporting for the Corporate Leadership Team.
- Provide monthly updates, and reports where appropriate, to the L&OD Partner on L&D KPIs – including compliance, as well as other themes where required, such as equality and inclusion in order to monitor equity of access and opportunities for L&D across the workforce.
- Maintain up-to¬-date knowledge of modern approaches to adult learning and performance management in the workplace.
- Link in with the HR Administrators in relation to their role to support L&D administration, which may include overseeing training room booking, attendance lists, and delegate joining instructions as well as ensure the HR Administrators are trained in key L&D administration tasks, including on the LMS.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Educated to degree level or able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Willing to work towards CIPD accreditation (minimum Level 3 CIPD qualification).
- Proven experience of working in a Learning and Development role including some delivery, with the clear potential to develop into a more project-based environment.
- Experience of assessing training needs, and advising managers and staff on potential suitable solutions to meet identified needs.
- Experience of designing and implementing L&D solutions and associated guidance at an organisational level.
- Experience of successful project implementation and monitoring.
- Experience of analysing information and making appropriate recommendations.
- Experience of managing high profile project work.
Skills & Abilities:
- Detailed knowledge of modern L&D approaches and how adults learn in the workplace.
- Capable of independently planning and prioritising workload to meet a range of demands to time and quality.
- Ability to work with autonomously and with minimal supervision, escalating issues as necessary.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of an organisation.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain effective and positive relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Learning & Development Advisor – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.