- Pay Rate:
£219.44 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- ENFIELD, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Lead Statutory Return & Report Officer – Social Care
Reference no: Enfield RQ730351
Standard DBS disclosure required
A Lead Statutory Returns and Report Officer to cover Children's social care statutory returns.
- Technical Responsibility for and the technical lead on creating submitting and developing statutory returns and business critical data for the local authority
- Data and technical lead for the implementation of new systems
- Be accountable to the Knowledge and Insights Team and Digital Services team to produce key statistical returns that allow the organisation to direct resources, understand trends, gain an understanding about residents and customers, take proactive and remedial action to improve performance and fulfil reporting requirements.
- Responsibility for collating data sets together to inform single view projects and reporting these findings and being accountable at DMT, Key Strategic boards and
- Support the production of Business-Critical Data sets where these are not automated by systems and where appropriate analyse, combine and join datasets together to produce these key data items which can have legislative and budgetary implications.
- Manipulate and Interpret data sets to prepare responses to complex FOI requests
- Lead for automation of statistical returns
- Take Responsibility to deliver training to upskill the KIH and wider teams technical capacity
- Work in partnership with the Business Partners to deliver Insight and Analytics.
- Support the production of Business-Critical Data sets where these are not automated by systems and where appropriate analyse, combine and join datasets together to produce these key data items which have legislative and budgetary implications.
- Responsibility for and the Lead on creating submitting and developing statutory returns for the local authority
- Having indepth expert system and technical knowledge understand how to extract and develop data models that facilitate robust reporting and seamless data extraction
- Knowledge of SQL and lead for complex data manipulation
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience in leading statutory Returns
- Expert Knowledge and Experience in using reporting software such as Business Objects, Crystal reporting and Power BI
- Excellent skills in a range of IT Solutions including Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, sharing knowledge and learning from each other
- Detailed knowledge of SQL and technical reporting
- Understanding of Change Management and implementing new systems understanding data requirements
- Good communication and influence skills building relationships with internal and external colleagues
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Lead Statutory Return & Report Officer – Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.