- Pay Rate:
up to £16.20 per hour PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Lead Officer - Asc Finance
Reference no: Gloucestershire 5223360
Pay rate up to £16.20 per hour PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
The role of the Lead Officer – Adult Support Services Financial Services Team is to lead and manage teams reporting to the post holder to deliver an efficient, accurate and consistent level service. To develop and maintain an approach to continuous improvement of the services offered on both existing and emerging customer access channels
- Provide effective leadership and management to the teams for which you are responsible, by the recruitment, mentoring and management (including performance management, appraisal reviews etc) of the staff reporting to the post, in accordance with the County Councils policy & procedures.
- Ensuring that services are delivered to the required standard, within the specified timeframes, within the agreed resources allocated and which reflects the needs and future direction of the council/service.
- Provide advice and guidance on complex cases and support the teams to ensure arrangements meet individuals social care needs
- To ensure that all processes and procedures are developed in accordance with the GCC financial systems (SAP/ContrOCC), ensuring appropriate professional advice from the Strategic Finance team is embedded
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Professional qualification to degree level or demonstrable analytical thinking skills and management qualification
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant financial procedures
- Project management understanding and ability
- In depth understanding and ability to implement working practices related to information security
- Service management and development experience
- Extensive staff management and leadership experience
- Have management and leadership experience in a financial and statutory services environment
- Experience monitoring and reporting on the progress of programmes
- Ability to balance and achieve service and corporate objectives
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all departments, other agencies, partners, external and stakeholder organisations
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Lead Officer - Asc Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.