- Pay Rate:
Up to £471.91 per day PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- West Brompton, London,
Interim Lead Data Engineer role – ICT Services
Reference no: MPX TCLZ 0008 6EFF / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £471.91 per day PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 12 months
City: West Brompton, London
SC vetting required for this role - Only candidates with current security clearance will be considered for this role.
This role requires SC clearance this must be already held and active – we are unable to consider any candidates who do not hold this level of vetting currently – please do not apply if you do not have this clearance.
In this role, the successful candidate will play a key part in the design, development and implementation of essential data management strategies within CTP. This will include exploring, analysing and understanding a variety of data types from across CTP’s data & ICT infrastructure. These will include data in both structured and unstructured formats, held on a variety of systems. Your role will be to validate the quality of this data, including its accuracy, completeness, and quantity.
They will also design suitable data migration strategies and mechanisms to align this data with the modelling structures of new systems being introduced by CTP. During the course of your work, you will be required to engage with various stakeholders to elicit critical information about their data collection processes and how they pertain to the data you will be managing. You will also engage with CTP’s commercial partners to ensure data is being managed and transformed in line with both technical requirements of the relevant systems and CTP’s corporate data model.
- Develop relationships and work collaboratively with multiple data owners across CTP and partner organisations to understand data, enable data migration, and data improvements for solutions.
- Design and develop data solutions to meet both business and technical platform requirements.
- Design and create relevant technical documentation. Including; HLD, LLD, Source and Target data models, Migration Strategy, Testing and Quality Metrics.
- Ensure data solutions meet strategic technical and business vision.
- Ensure data integrity, security and compliance with relevant regulations, example: GDPR, Data-Protection and Management of Police Information.
- Provide a hands-on technical approach to take ownership of designs from a high-level strategic approach down to low-level design, configuration and installation detail.
- Provide participation throughout the project lifecycle, defining and refining data requirements where required, through design and assisting in the transition (build & migration) through to production environments.
- Provide advice and experience on data management best practices.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Possess a relevant higher-level qualification or equivalent experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Good understanding of networking and systems analysis
- Experience of working on large scale Business Change and IT enabled Transformation Programmes.
- Experience of working in a complex high profile political environment.
- In depth knowledge of and exposure to Government Security Classification (GSC) and related security policies and guidelines.
- Experience in development of data model architecture and design, including designing and developing data migration plans for RBMS systems.
- Ability to hold SC STRAP security clearance to operate in CTP environment and with partners.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Lead Data Engineer role – ICT Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.