- Pay Rate:
£37.72 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- CAMDEN, LONDON,
Interim Lawyer - Planning
Reference no: Camden RQ845272
Pay rate £37.72 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
To provide a high quality and comprehensive legal service on all aspects of law relating to planning and contracts. To appear in court and in chambers on litigious matters as appropriate
- To manage own caseload, dealing with the more routine cases, with some supervision at the lower end of the grade and progressing through to the more complex cases, with a lesser level of supervision at the top end of the grade.
- To provide legal advice to officers and elected members.
- To conduct proceedings in courts and tribunals, including preparation of witness statements and assisting officers in the preparation of court documentation.
- To undertake advocacy work for the Council in County Courts, High Courts or Tribunals.
- To take part in department projects and inter-departmental projects
- To contribute to the effective performance of Legal Services
- To provide customers with output and service delivery as specified in the service level agreement
- To work with external stakeholders and members as necessary.
- To participate fully in the Council’s performance appraisal and personal development process in order to develop and enhance personal performance and service delivery.
- To implement the Council’s equal opportunities policies and its statutory responsibility with regard to other individuals and service delivery
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualified barrister, solicitor or legal executive with a full practising certificate
- Specialist knowledge of planning law and planning enforcement
- Broad knowledge of highways law, licensing law, local government law, data protection law and the Freedom of Information Act
- Experience of advising on planning law and drafting planning agreements
- Experience of researching and advising on complex legal matters
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to build effective relationships with Council members, officers, external stakeholders and other legal team members
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Lawyer - Planning
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.