- Pay Rate:
£50.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Interim Lawyer (Litigation) - Legal Services
Reference no: Darlington 6335414811505
Pay Rate: £50.00 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
DBS disclosure required
Primarily to deal with criminal and regulatory advisory and court work and licensingcommittees and appeals. To support the wider work of the team in relation to RIPA, injunctions, housing, general civil and employment matters.
- Provide a comprehensive and quality legal service on all aspects of criminal and regulatory matters.
- Provide a strategic and proactive criminal and regulatory advisory and consultancy service to the Council and external clients, including undertaking legal research as required.
- Draft court applications, prepare witness statements, deal with correspondence, brief and instruct counsel and other experts, negotiate with other parties, oversee the preparation of bundles and ensure cases are ready for trial.
- Attend and present cases (subject to rights of audience) including contested hearings at courts, tribunals, panels and other hearings, as required, instructing counsel where appropriate.
- Attend and advise relevant committees or panels, such as Licensing or Introductory Tenancy Appeals.
- Assist with the management of the team, including supporting and developing colleagues,demonstrating duties, instructing and checking the work of others.
- Ensure that all matters within your care and conduct are properly and expeditiously progressed in accordance with best practice.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- A qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive with a current practising certificate and rights of audience.
- Working knowledge / practical experience of dealing with criminal and regulatory matters
- Experience of attending and presenting cases at courts, panels, hearings and tribunals.
- Experience of interpreting legislation, case law, policy or procedures to give recommendations/advice.
- Experience of effective negotiating to reach satisfactory outcomes.
Skills & Abilities:
- Be able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, with colleagues, members, external organisations and the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English.
- Be able to summarise and interpret complex and conceptual matters to aide others’ understanding.
- Be able to use appropriate styles and arguments to influence and negotiate.
- Be able to work as part of a team, sharing tasks and providing cover as necessary.
- Be able to prioritise workload and to plan and allocate tasks to meet deadlines.
- Be able to use your initiative and make decisions outside of immediate policy and procedure, and without reference to your manager.
- Be able to solve problems, make difficult judgment calls, work under pressure and deal with challenging and confrontational situations
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Lawyer (Litigation) - Legal Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.