- Pay Rate:
£19.74 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Lawyer – Legal Services
Reference no: Bolton 0007 E1DC / 1
Pay Rate: £19.74 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
The purpose of the role is to advise in relation to regeneration schemes, drafting appropriate documentation which protects and promotes the Council’s interest and coordinating other officers as part of a legal team as necessary.
- Assist in matters relating to the Council’s statutory functions.
- Advise Council members and other officers of appropriate matters within the post holder’s responsibility.
- Keep up to date with relevant new legislation, case law and Council policy and participate in appropriate further training opportunities.
- Contribute and participate as an active team member in the Legal Services Division sharing knowledge with other officers.
- Provide assistance and cover for colleagues within the Department when required.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Qualified Solicitor of England and Wales, Barrister, CILEX or equivalent.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Excellent oral and written communication and comprehension skills, including the capacity to negotiate, to draft complex legal documentation and advice often under time pressure while meeting deadlines, and to demonstrate an innovative, problem-solving approach to legal problems.
- Demonstrable experience of collaborative working with a range of stakeholders.
- Able to multi task and work under pressure.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Lawyer – Legal Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.