- Pay Rate:
£43.12 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- GLOUCESTER, Gloucestershire,
Interim Lawyer Advocate /Child Care Lawyer - Children & Families
Reference no: Gloucestershire 5240584
Pay rate: £43.12 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: GLOUCESTER, Gloucestershire
The purpose of this role is to undertake child protection case work on behalf of the local authority. Willing to undertake advocacy for interlocutory/directions hearings up to 1 day in length. Previous experience of working for a local authority is essential. This post involves attending the local Family Courts in Gloucester and Bristol in person, therefore the successful candidate will be local to Gloucester or Bristol.
- Provide high quality legal services, undertaking child protection case work.
- Undertake advocacy and represent the Council in the Court arena up to 1 day in length. Attend the local Family Courts in Gloucester and Bristol.
- Represent Legal Services, the Council and external clients in meetings, including committee and member meetings, inquiries and working groups and in discussions with other legal practitioners at an appropriate level as and when required.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of legal services.
- As part of income generating measures, to work for other clients including attending their offices.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Qualified barrister, Solicitor or a Chartered Legal Executive.
- Membership of the relevant professional body.
- Good advocacy skills and experience and willing to conduct advocacy in the Family Court in Gloucester or Bristol for attended hearings is essential for this role.
- Experience of undertaking advocacy in court together with contested hearings requiring the cross examination of witnesses in court.
- Experience of working in local government essential.
Skills & Abilities:
- An ability to acquire and maintain knowledge.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with tact and confidentially.
- Ability to provide innovative, creative advice to clients in a pressurised environment.
- Highly developed negotiating and listening skills with various groups of people and in a variety of different settings, including some of which may potentially end in conflict.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to advise members, staff, other organisations and members of the public courteously and efficiently in person and by telephone.
- Good research and problem solving skills with ability to convey complex legal and factual issues to various audiences.
- Able to travel outside the office as required.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Ability to work flexibly and, on occasions, beyond the normal contracted hours in order to meet the business needs of the service.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Lawyer Advocate /Child Care Lawyer - Children & Families
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.