- Pay Rate:
£12.25 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
3 months, potentially extended
- Walthamstow, London,
Temporary Kennels / Transport Officer – Kennelling Facility
Job Ref: Walthamstow RQ678651
Pay Rate: £12.25 per hour PAYE
Candidates will work a shift pattern including evenings and weekends and must be flexible with working hours.
To ensure that all dogs at the kennelling facility are properly cared for and in good health. This will include the cleansing of the kennels and other areas, provision of suitable food, water, bedding, exercise, veterinary care and sleeping considerations. This will include the transportation of dogs as required. To be aware of the proper use of protective equipment and familiar with the use of such protective clothing and equipment as may be issued or recommended, seeking guidance from the line manager as required.
- Transport dogs using the council vehicle to various locations for the provision of veterinary treatment and or delivery to rehoming centres and other locations as required.
- Ensure dogs are properly cared for and in good health. This will include the provision of suitable food, water, bedding, exercise, veterinary care and sleeping considerations.
- Maintain Kennel Facility and equipment in a clean, sanitary, hygienic and tidy condition at all times.
- Ensure compliance with safe working practices in the preparation, use, carriage or disposal of chemical cleaning agents, infected materials.
- Undertake necessary administrative duties in respect of dogs received, kennelled, reclaimed and re-housed and maintain clear and accurate records.
- Assist in emergencies concerning animal.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Animal Care level 1.
- Kennel & Cattery Management.
- Animal related enforcement work: issuing fines and advice.
- Working in a kennel environment.
- Handling of aggressive and dangerous dogs and associated risks.
- Ability to work in a kennel environment that is extensive, physically arduous and undertaken outside in all weathers.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Driving Licence.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Kennels / Transport Officer – Kennelling Facility
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.