- Pay Rate:
£17.82 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary IT Network & Security Engineer
Reference no: Lincolnshire BL TCL358317
Pay rate £17.82 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 6 months
The role of the IT Network & Security Engineer will include managing all aspects and components of the ICT network and security technologies including WAN, LAN, Firewalls, IP telephony, Wireless solutions and being responsible for research, development, maintenance, installation, documentation and management of all aspects of the network environment. To undertake third line support functions and escalations for problem tickets raised from our service desk and second line support teams. The post holder will also implement and maintain the security of all IT systems and networks in line with the IT strategy and associated security policies including the management of endpoint protection and anti-virus solutions, security and compliance policies, maintain the PKI infrastructure and assist in the facilitation of annual penetration testing against force systems and networks. The role will also require the holder to work closely with our vendors and third-party support teams in resolving issues and implementing solutions where required remotely or on site in an efficient and timely manner. To work in conjunction with internal teams such as the security analysts and server team to implement solutions, look to new technologies that would benefit the Force and to work as a team to ensure delivery and on-going maintenance and support
- Managing the counties remote sites access links, proactive monitoring of the sites links and reacting to any faults.
- Managing and maintaining the core network and firewall estate.
- Monitoring and maintaining the wireless estate.
- Designing and implementing network schematics for new projects/refresh plans.
- On call rotation supporting the police force and staff for all critical IT issues out of hours.
- Working closely with Project Management teams, delivering to a high standard and being accountable for meeting project deadlines.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and troubleshooting methodology.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation and network diagrams.
- Manage and maintain our PKI infrastructure to ensure certificates are renewed in a timely manner.
- To drive the annual IT health check and to be responsible for ensuring any risks are remediated in a timely manner, working closely with Information Management Unit teams
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CCNA / CCNP (desirable)
- Knowledge of Network topologies relating to WAN/LAN including TCPIP, Ethernet, ADSL etc
- Understanding and knowledge in network security architecture and principles
- Extensive routing and switching experience
- Experience using Firewall technologies
- Experience in managing Azure cloud services, Cisco ACI, IP telephony, Meraki Wireless Access points (desirable)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Security or Network role
- Good with communications and ability to form good working relationships
- Able to take a proactive stance on work, using own initiative and ideas to form best practises and supporting others to so the same
- Able to work off own initiative, ensuring network stability and committed to ensuring project deadlines are adhered to
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours. NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Management Vetting Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
IT Network & Security Engineer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.