- Pay Rate:
£18.72 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8 months
- PUTNEY, LONDON,
Temporary Internet Intelligence Investigation Officer x2 - Counter Terrorism Policing
Reference no: MPX TCLZ 0007 A079 / 1
Pay Rate: £18.72 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8 months
City: PUTNEY, LONDON
Vetting is not required for the candidate to be considered or submitted , however should they be successful they will need to go through the process.
Two Internet Intelligence Investigation Officers to join multi-disciplinary team of officers and police staff. The role holder will gather and develop internet intelligence by researching data systems and providing information, intelligence products and reports utilising open and closed intelligence sources, in order to collaboratively support the analysts, researchers and police officers working under the Strategic Intelligence and Briefing Team (SIB).
The post holder will support the wider objectives of the SIB, which is the identification and assessment of risk, briefing and coordination of the flow of intelligence relating to aggravated activism, strategic protest and significant public order events across the United Kingdom (UK) to identify and mitigate risk, harm and threat. They will play a key role in this through the proactive intelligence development of individuals and groups responsible for this threat and risk. The role holder will also use open source intelligence to identify opportunities and support the ongoing work of the SIB, and be a subject matter expert in this area of work. The SIB provides intelligence and assessment for both police and law enforcement stakeholders
- Establish the requirements of key stakeholders to ensure that these are met.
- Gather and develop internet intelligence by researching data systems and providing information, intelligence products and reports utilising open and closed intelligence sources.
- Interrogate appropriate technical resources including national systems, open source and external databases: extracting effectively and efficiently to provide a high level of service to SIB.
- Undertake special investigative and speculative searches where required in support of SIB intelligence development.
- Provide open source intelligence support to the SIB’s thematic pods in respect of national strategic protest themes and trends.
- Promote internet intelligence within the SIB and support the delivery of training within this area of work.
- Be proactive in identifying new methods of research, tools and software to enhance the open source capability of the SIB.
- Act as a subject matter expert for advice and guidance to SIB staff on all matters relation to internet intelligence and open source research
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via email@example.com by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Advanced Internet Intelligence training
- Must have experience in doing Covert and intrusive open source investigations
- Experience of preparing evidential packages for open source intelligence. (desirable)
- Previous experience working with a national intelligence unit would be advantageous (desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of computer operating systems
- Knowledge of advanced internet investigation techniques.
- Knowledge of what data can be captured from devices, digital media and emails.
- Knowledge of and ability to keep abreast of developments in Internet Intelligence policing. (desirable)
- Understanding of the Police Network and local, regional and national structures. (desirable)
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to research and interrogate to a high level police information, intelligence systems and open source intelligence
- Ability to ensure that all activities and research are compliant with RIPA, Computer Misuse Act, ECHRA and DPA legislation
- Ability to explain technical language relating to internet investigation to ensure the gathered material can be understood
- Ability to prepare complex evidential ‘internet intelligence’ products and present at court as required.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Internet Intelligence Investigation Officer x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.