- Pay Rate:
Up to £313.63 per day PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Oxford, Oxfordshire,
Interim Internal Senior Auditor x 2 – Financial Services
Job Ref: Oxfordshire 5237562
Pay Rate: Up to £313.63 per day PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Hybrid working - mostly working from home, although there may need to be the odd day in the office.
The purpose of the role is to support the Chief Internal Auditor in providing independent assurance on the system of governance, risk management and internal control that supports the management of strategic and operational risks across the County Council. Conforming to the Local Government Act 1972 Section 151, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards.
- Identifying areas where internal audit assurance is required and design the individual audit assignment plan to provide that assurance.
- Plan and deliver allocated audit assignments on time and within the audit days allocated that includes determining and applying an appropriate internal audit methodology to achieve the objective of the audit.
- Presenting findings and conclusions consistent with the objective of the allocated audit both verbally and through reports to Senior Managers - including making informed recommendations and negotiating effective management actions where material weakness in the system of internal control or governance exists.
- To undertake risk-based assurance audits of strategic and operational risks.
- To operate within the performance standards defined by the Chief Internal Auditor, and professional internal auditing standards as specified by the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Occasionally may be required to direct, supervise and review the work of other audit staff as required by the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Providing strategic advice to Directors and Senior Managers regarding Governance, Risk and Internal Control. Participating in change management programmes / working groups.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent (including Mathematics and English Language).
- CCAB / CMIIA or CIA or significant equivalent experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of planning and progressing internal audit work activities, applying professional internal audit standards, using initiative and independent judgement in their application.
- Post qualification experience in applying internal auditing methodologies, to provide assurance on the management of operational and strategic risks.
- Experience of undertaking more complex audits (desirable).
- Previous internal audit experience within Local Government/Public Sector (desirable).
- Detailed operational knowledge and understanding of Governance Frameworks, wider risk management methodologies and systems of internal control.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasion and negotiating skills, in order to influence good outcomes.
- Excellent communications skills, including effective report writing and presentations
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect collate and record data accurately and efficiently
- Ability to uphold professional standards at all times, maintaining independence and effective challenge and escalation when required.
- Strong IT skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Internal Senior Auditor x 2 – Financial Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.