- Pay Rate:
£22.25 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- WOOLWICH, LONDON,
Interim Internal Communications & Engagement Officer
Reference no: Greenwich RQ922369
Pay rate £22.25 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3 months
To develop, manage and evaluate internal communications and engagement campaigns on Council services across a range of channels and media, as part of a multidisciplinary team. Develops and delivers internal communications that engage staff, support strategy and promote values
- Lead development of internal communications and engagement plans, campaigns and marketing activities across different media for Council services in accordance with the Council’s priorities.
- Delivers and evaluates comprehensive, coherent, consistent and co-ordinated internal communications using a range of channels and balancing reactive with proactive communications.
- Manages the different internal comms platforms e.g., our intranets and all staff MS/Zoom Team’s meetings and in-person events.
- To develop, write, edit and review content for the Council’s internal communication channels including websites, printed publications, speeches, press releases and social media accounts, ensuring that it is of a high quality, meets corporate standards, is suitable for the target audience, accessible, and useful.
- To ensure a pro-active approach to communications through a positive use of forward planning and meetings with councillors and officers, including cabinet members and senior officers/Directors.
- To advise council departments on engagement activity to ensure that it is carried out to a standard that will preserve the Council’s reputation and ensure the consultation or engagement is successful.
- To work with designers and contractors to successfully deliver the Council’s communications, publications and digital services, overseeing the quality of work.
- Evaluate all work and monitor to improve activity, and the coordination of campaigns and internal activity.
- To provide advice to senior officers, councillors, council departments and contractors and to work with them on a range of internal communications issues.
- Works closely with the Chief Executive, Directors, OD Manager and other colleagues across the organisation, including the external communications team, to ensure IC is effective and representative
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of operating standard IT packages including Microsoft Office, content management systems, engagement and media management systems
- Excellent communication, organisational and presentation skills, together with an ability to prioritise workloads to meet tight deadlines, focus on forward planning but with the flexibility to be responsive.
- Skills in understanding and responding to different perspectives and taking a cross organisational perspective able to influence at all levels and build networks
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship-building skills and an ability to communicate clearly and accurately to a variety of internal audiences to shape and improve communications.
- Ability to develop, manage and deliver complex staff engagement communications campaigns and projects, to meet service requirements and to ensure the best outcomes
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Internal Communications & Engagement Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.