- Pay Rate:
Up to £21.45 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Full Job Title: Interim Wastewater Project Engineer – Environment
Reference no: Dorset 5212109
Delivery and maintenance of sewerage and related infrastructure.
The role is seated with other engineers within the Flood & Coastal Risk Management section. The role is dedicated to the Council’s Wastewater Treatment Plants and is responsible for their operational efficiency and infrastructure maintenance. The work will also involve delivering civil engineering projects that may vary both in scale and complexity, from design stage to hand over.
The role involves the operation of wastewater treatment facilities; monitoring plant performance; asset maintenance responsibilities; undertaking of feasibility studies; design work; project management and the delivery of all existing and new wastewater infrastructure (either directly or using third parties).
The Council does not have the necessary operational workforce to operate and maintain the facilities. Part of the Wastewater Engineer role is to facilitate and manage operational and maintenance activities; through external contractors, contracts and/or service agreements.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum specialist qualification at HNC/HND/Degree level or equivalent with significant relevant demonstrable experience
- Extensive knowledge of project management
- Significant post-qualification experience in relevant field, including management and leadership of significant projects
- Substantial professional knowledge of relevant law, national, regional and local policy, and a wide range management skills
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Wastewater Project Engineer – Environment
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.