- Pay Rate:
up to £23.76 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- KENSINGTON, LONDON,
Interim Virtual School Teacher
Job Ref: K&C 5216610
Pay Rate: up to £23.76 per hour PAYE depending on experience
The post holder will fulfil an important role within the Council and as part of the Virtual School Team will be responsible for ensuring that the council fulfils its statutory responsibilities to promote the educational attainment of children in public care. As part of the Virtual School Team the Virtual School Teacher will assist professionals in developing, promoting, and implementing strategies to improve the educational attainment of children who are in the care of the Local Authority
- Be responsible for a pupil caseload and ensuring the continued educational improvement of children in public care. This would include making arrangements for the monitoring and support of children in care and ensuring their needs are met and that the pupils follow an appropriate educational programme.
- Assist social workers, school staff and carers to ensure that children in public care have an effective, up to date Personal Education Plans (PEPs) in line with statutory obligations. Provide high quality advice and information for social workers, carers and teachers involved in the compilation of such plans.
- To manage the review process of PEPs and critically evaluate the effectiveness of their arrangements.
- To monitor all children in public care who do not have access to an education placement. Devise and pursue plans in liaison with key professionals to ensure all such children gain access to education with minimum delay. Make contact with key personnel in Children’s Services and schools in order support and challenge professionals and overcome situations where children are not receiving appropriate education for unnecessary periods of time.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative information and data on all schools and educational placements attended by children in public care and record this on appropriate databases.
- Assist the Virtual School Head with training to professionals, including carers, teachers and social services staff and to develop effective working relationships with all professionals. Assist the manager with the organisation and administration of events such as training sessions, enrichment activities and celebration events
- Implement and monitor with the Virtual School Head a strategy to oversee school attendance levels of children in public care to allow prompt action to be taken should any young person miss significant amounts of schooling
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- First degree/teaching qualification
- Experience of working with children in a therapeutic setting
- Experience of successful multi agency working at a senior management level to deliver improved outcomes for LAC population
- Report writing
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Virtual School Teacher
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.