- Pay Rate:
£20.16 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is assumed to be for a minimum of one month
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Experience with child autism and Learning Difficulties would be ideal but not essential.
Leading and Managing the home, ensuring the home provides a comprehensive childcare service, providing services for children and young people in a residential care setting and in some cases providing support to children and young people living within family settings, in accordance with the relevant legislation and policy.
This further includes successfully registering with OFSTED and when necessary, ensuring they are made aware of relevant issues regarding the care and welfare of the children and young people.
Leading and managing the home to ensure that a secure and stable environment is provided which will enable children and young people to develop their full potential. This could include working in a variety of settings.
Providing inspirational leadership and leading by example to enable staff to support children and young people by embracing Bradford’s ‘Model of Care’ and by using these principles to improve the outcomes of children and young people to enable them to reach their full potential.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Qualifications: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services or equivalent
- Must have at least 4 years experience within a setting working with children and young people, preferably a residential setting, two of which must be in a supervisory capacity.
- Understands and applies health and safety working practices, including risk in own area of work and or across other areas of work (inc legislation).
- Knows the costs for products and services within own area of responsibility.
- Knows and understands how to analyse, interpret and present complex information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to adopt a process of continual improvement and suggest ways of working more efficient and effectively to improve service delivery.
- Understanding and using knowledge of physical, intellectual , linguistics, social and emotional development of babies, children and young people
- Working with others in the children and young people’s workforce to put the child at the heart of decision making, offering help at the earliest point.
- Implements effective performance management techniques to meet service needs.
- Routinely collects & analyses information about performance.
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Unit Manager - Residential & Day Care Services
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.