- Pay Rate:
£21.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Islington, London,
Interim TRIAGE Customer Service Agent / Admin – Housing
Job Ref: Islington RQ603815
Enhanced DBS required for this role
To provide a customer service function to people presenting to the Customer Centre with a housing need. The Customer Service Agent will interact with members of the public, providing initial advice and assistance to ensure their queries are dealt with as swiftly and efficiently as possible.
- Ensure a prompt, courteous and helpful response when dealing with queries from members of the public or their representatives, including elected Members, outside agencies and partner organisations.
- Be readily identifiable as a Customer Service Agent and comply with the dress code and/or uniform provided.
- Refer housing applicants to relevant internal teams and to other agencies as necessary for advice on housing matters, welfare rights, social services, immigration and other issues using referral procedures.
- Constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with your own development and that of your role.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation relating to homelessness and housing needs with particular reference to the Housing Act 1996 Part VII and the Homeless Reduction Act 2017.
- Experience of providing excellent customer care.
- Experience of dealing with the public providing practical advice in a housing field, to include substantial administrative experience.
- Experience in working in a multi-racial, inner city environment.
- Ability to respond sensitively to people experiencing a wide range of housing problems.
- Ability to communicate and to present information clearly and concisely both verbal and written, with good attention to detail.
- Ability to organise own workload and meet deadlines.
- A positive attitude towards teamwork and able to work as part of a team.
- Good IT skills and ability to learn new systems.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim TRIAGE Customer Service Agent / Admin – Housing Advice
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.