- Pay Rate:
£36.12 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Interim Transport Infrastructure Service Quantity Surveyor
Reference no: Rotherham RQ685239
Pay Rate: £36.12 per hour PAYE
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
Flexible, hybrid and remote working. Some site based activity.
The purpose of the role is to provide day to day management of all commercial matters of the transport infrastructure and related civil engineering schemes, projects and programmes. Provide accurate, real time monthly reports, final outcome forecasts and project cash flows to demonstrate commercial performance.
- Provide full specialist professional quantity surveying service and advice to the Transport Infrastructure Service and related supply chain and key stakeholder base.
- Project caseload management of the most complex work and provision of leadership and technical expertise to the wider team and accordance with service procedures and expectations.
- Provide effective performance management and coordination of the resources allocated to the delivery of projects and the service, including contract management of providers.
- Ensure good financial management to meet budgetary targets.
- Promote good working relationships with internal customers, other local authorities, outside agencies and the private sector.
- Establish project requirements and undertake feasibility studies.
- Producing cost plans at all stages of the Pre-Contract construction process including the use of measurement software and use of benchmarking data.
- Producing tender documentation including bills of quantities and managing the tender process including tender queries and tender assessment.
- Report writing including tender reports and due diligence reporting.
- Post Contract Cost Management including monthly valuations and final accounting.
- Oversee dispute resolution relating to financial and time related subjects where appropriate.
- Undertake cost analysis for infrastructure project work both new build and maintenance.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Level 7 qualification e.g. Post Graduate Certificates and Diplomas with a considerable breadth and depth of knowledge across the relevant specialist area, or a range of areas or evidence of the equivalent level of knowledge gained through work experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of the legislative frameworks, policies, key issues and working practices relevant within the specialism of this post, including policy development, corporate/strategic planning and managing change.
- Managing and developing people and allocating resources effectively within a customer focused, service delivery organisation.
- Performance managing programmes of work or plans and reporting against targets.
- Auditing processes and procedures and developing appropriate action plans.
- Successfully managing projects including development and introduction of new initiatives.
- Promoting and facilitating multi-disciplinary and partnership working with private, public and community/voluntary sectors.
- Managing and developing people within a service delivery organisation, including carrying out performance and development reviews and recruitment and selection.
- Practical experience of carrying out research and producing relevant reports.
- Managing funding streams and budgets.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Transport Infrastructure Service Quantity Surveyor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.