- Pay Rate:
£24.63 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- BRIXTON, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Traffic Engineer – Highways
Job Reference: Lambeth RQ649364
Pay Rate: £24.63 per hour PAYE
To work within the Highways Engineering Team, providing traffic-related engineering and design support on a range of schemes including LTNs, HIP projects and other miscellaneous works.
You will provide expert technical design and delivery of new highway and public realm infrastructure, developing feasibility plans, options appraisals and business cases as well as working closely with the term contractor to deliver the schemes on the ground.
You will possess a successful track record designing public realm infrastructure schemes, accompanied by knowledge of highways and traffic management and working. A thorough knowledge of project management techniques and their application to a range of highways schemes is also necessary.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualification in Engineering to a degree level or equivalent with post qualification experience in a practising senior position OR Corporate Membership or Incorporated Status of a recognised professional engineering institution with some post qualification experience
- Ability to express complex information accurately, clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Proficient in using AutoCAD (ideally 3DCad), word and excel. Knowledge/experience of using signal packages like Transyt, Linsig and Vissim.
- Ability to use support systems, including IT systems, necessary for the delivery of cost effective, high quality schemes and services.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Traffic Engineer – Highways
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.