- Pay Rate:
up to £24.25 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- LEAMINGTON SPA,
Interim Technical Manager
Job Ref: Warwick 5215348
Pay Rate: up to £24.25 per hour PAYE depending on experience
To manage a team of technical and surveying staff to provide a comprehensive property management service for all aspects of the Council’s varied asset portfolio; ensuring that agreed programmes of works for cyclical maintenance, improvement and/or repair contracts are delivered efficiently, effectively and economically; technical advice is provided to internal and external clients; contracts are procured and managed effectively; the commercial property portfolio is effectively managed with appropriate valuation, purchase, sale, lease and management information and advice provided as required; and effective relationships with building managers and project officers are built and working arrangements maintained with all clients to ensure that quality technical and asset management services are provided in a professional, customer focussed manner
- To assist the Asset Manager to deliver the overall operational objectives of the Asset Team; contribute to the strategic development of the service to maximize opportunities for enhanced service provision and delivery; and ensure the delivery of professional, customer focussed, statutorily complaint and high performing services to internal and external customers.
- To act as lead manager to ensure that all programmes of work or projects delivered by the team are appropriately managed from inception to completion; are fully CDM compliant, that asbestos removal /management is carried out in accordance with relevant legislation and the work delivered by the team is in accordance with all other statutory requirements and good practice guidelines; to liaise with the Compliance Manager as appropriate to ensure that the work of the technical surveying team is appropriately planned using up to date stock information data and that the work of the team contributes to the collection and maintenance of that data.
- To assist and/or lead on the preparation and production of Committee or Council reports; the development, maintenance and review of Contract Documentation; the preparation of tender specifications, contract conditions & terms and plans; procurement strategies for major schemes or projects; ensuring compliance with the Public Contracts Regulations and the Council’s Code of Procurement Practice. Design, specify, maintain, review and improve contract monitoring, performance and expenditure information to ensure that accurate data is available to inform decision making, budget setting and contact management and is shared, as appropriate with internal and external customers
- Oversee the delivery of a variety of surveys, including periodic defect inspections, periodic stock condition surveys, dilapidation surveys, leaseholder compliance surveys, ensuring the Council’s asset management and financial systems are accurately maintained on a timely basis and contribute to the development and use of those systems
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level in Building Surveying or equivalent relevant subject (Architecture, Quantity Surveying) with significant (at least 6 years) post qualification experience and/or qualified membership of either the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS); the Chartered Institute Of Building (CIOB) or any other equivalent professional membership
- Sound technical knowledge of Fire Safety, Asbestos, Building Services including Gas, Mechanical & Electrical services
- High level of experience of contributing towards formulation, implementation and delivery of investment programmes
- At least 6 years experience of general building surveying duties and public sector projects
- Experience of managing a team and/or people in a similar environment, able to manage, motivate and develop staff in a logical, controlled and timely manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Technical Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.