- Pay Rate:
Up to £60.00 per hour PAYE, depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is until further notice, following an initial trial period of 2 weeks
Full Job Title: Interim Technical Lead – Street Lighting
Reference no: Bradford 5208909
Plan delivery of Highways Electrical Engineering Lighting projects which are to be delivered by the Council and to ensure they are programmed to a level of detail necessary for the site team to implement the scheme without delays.
- Provide advice and support on potential Invitations to Tender (ITT), Invitations to Quote (ITQ) and internal Street Lighting contracts advising on resource capabilities and availability.
- Support the Project Manager and advise on good management procedures and processes and dispute avoidance options on NEC construction contracts across different highways lighting engineering projects.
- Ensure procurement and reconciliation of project related materials and services (subcontractors) necessary for the delivery of a project are carried out in accordance with the Council’s Contract Orders and requirements to best value.
- Attend Pre-Contract tender meetings with clients acting as the service’s senior construction expert to ensure that full understanding of contractual obligations and their implementation is achieved prior to the contract award. Arrange and deliver pre-start meetings to the site team and/or subcontractors as required.
- Support the Project Manager to ensure a commercial plan and end of life forecast is in place and monitored monthly for the successful commercial delivery of the project producing and analysing progress reports, updated costs and forecasts.
- Implement the construction risk management process, review project risk registers and check risk controls for allocated projects are in place and can be implemented if required.
- Take overall responsibility for the management of construction sites and subcontractors, ensuring that all subcontractors follow the Council’s procedures and processes.
- Oversee and ensure that all Health and Safety and CDM documentation is kept up to date and undertake senior manager site inspections, ensuring that audits and reports are produced, liaising with necessary parties where corrective action is required to address non-compliance.
- Liaise with third-parties to ensure compliance with HERS, HAUC, NRSWA, Electricity at Work and Chapter 8 requirements (as well as other required regulatory standards) are maintained on construction sites, direct and instigate remedial measures where these are not being complied with.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information, contractual changes, status reports etc.
- Ensure compliance of site operatives with all appropriate Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) ensuring these are cascaded and understood by site operatives and enacted onsite and in accordance with the on-going Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan.
- Ensure the adoption of best practice and continuous improvement approach to all commercial processes and procedures.
- Undertake timely and accurate valuations for all projects liaising with the Client over interim and final valuations of works done.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- HNC, HND or degree in Electrical Engineering / Construction Management
- BS 7671 - 18th Edition IET Wring Regulations
- BS 7671 – GN3 Inspection and Test
- EngTech _Associated Member of the Institution of Lighting Professionals (AMILP)
- Hold G39 Certificate
- Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience at a senior level in a highways electrical engineering contracting organisation
- Experience of managing projects within a highways electrical lighting environment.
- Good working knowledge and demonstrable hands on experience of ‘construction / engineering’ subcontracts particularly NEC ECC
- Literacy in ‘Model of Contract Document for Highway Works’ (MCHW)
- Proficient with ILP Technical Report 22
- Knowledge of the NEC contract including the Early Warning and Compensation event mechanisms.
- Experience of Pre-Qualification and Tendering processes for several multi-disciplinary projects.
- Extensive knowledge of ‘Electricity at Work Regulations’
- Extensive knowledge of ‘Working at Height’ Regulations’
- ICT Skills:
- Competent to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook es or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
- Experience of MS Project.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Other Work-Related Requirements: Hold a Full Driving Licence
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Technical Lead – Street Lighting
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.