- Pay Rate:
up to £335.96 per day PAYE TBC
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- North Greenwich, London,
Technical Delivery Manager – Technology & Data Infrastructure
Job Ref: TL 0005 EA24 / 1
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
The Technical Delivery Manager is responsible for the end-to-end technical delivery of Technology and Data's infrastructure initiatives. The post holder is responsible for the high-quality output and implementation of detailed technical plans, ensuring that technical changes are delivered within time and cost budgets and align with the strategy for Technology and Data.
- Effective delivery of Technology and Data infrastructure, to underpin the company’s business and technical services, ensuring that all built services align with the strategy for Technology and Data.
- Quote and provide a detailed forecast of the true costs of the deliverables, both in terms of initial Capex, and ongoing Opex, including licensing, lifecycle and 3rd party costs, ensuring that effective cross-charging is implemented and validated.
- Translate technical designs into appropriate work packages and effectively manage the delivery of those work packages, in accordance with policies, standards and processes, leveraging the most appropriate delivery methodology and resources.
- Ensure new and amended services are accepted into BAU support via the agreed Service Transition processes.
- Manage technical risk across complex multi-programme delivery to enable timeframes to be met and ensuring technical teams work collaboratively to plan and mitigate the risk of conflicts with data, technology or environments.
- Track progress of deliverables and reporting defined metrics to the Senior Service Performance Manager and Service Owner within agreed timescales, investments and requirements.
- Track and report on infrastructure delivered, amended or decommissioned.
- Forecast the anticipated technical support requirement variants related to infrastructure delivery changes.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- A Degree in a relevant technology/computer science subject/equivalent technical qualification plus sound on the job experience of the platform specialism or equivalent extensive on-the job experience in IT infrastructure and in the particular platform specialism.
- In depth knowledge of the latest and emerging technologies likely to be employed in designing and delivering Enterprise Wide quality solutions in the chosen platform.
- Knowledge of project and programme disciplines such as PRINCE2, Agile, APMP, MSP and how it practically applies in the enterprise.
- Knowledge of ITIL and its practical implementation at large organisations.
- Knowledge of the national and international legislation pertaining to the Government/Public Sector IT – e.g. Data Protection Act, EU Procurement Directives and Freedom of Information Act.
- Highly experienced in implementing, architecting or supporting infrastructure in large environments (1000+ servers).
- Ability to lead technical delivery across a portfolio of complex, multi-vendor systems & projects.
- Ability to influence people at all levels across the organisation and outside, including negotiating and successfully facilitating joint decision making.
- Recent broad experience in the latest techniques and methodologies in delivering quality solutions.
- Has worked within the industry in a role reporting to senior manager level and working with senior business managers to enable business benefit through service delivery.
- Highly experienced in planning, organisational and analytical skills.
- Highly skilled at solving and communicating complex problems, applying knowledge and technology to the full.
- Communicates all needs, instructions and decisions clearly and adapts the style of communication to meet the needs of the audience.
- Proven ability to manage the interactions between suppliers, in-house teams and customers necessary to reliably deliver quality infrastructure services within large-scale, complex operating environments.
- Proficient in risk management methods and techniques for the assessment and management of internal and business risk.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to explain complex information with senior management.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Technical Delivery Manager – Technology & Data
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.