- Pay Rate:
£349.31 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- West Brompton, London,
Interim Technical Author
Job Ref: 0005794B / 1
DV Clearance required.
To deliver and support existing and future capabilities in NCTPHQ. The Technical Author will support the critical programme of projects and work around surveillance and mobility projects. Two to three days a week will be spent supporting the Technical Delivery Documentation.
- Clarify content and material provided by architects, developers and engineers to produce documentation at a level appropriate to the reader, adhering to corporate standards and specifications.
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension, and write and edit technical information accordingly.
- Present information in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate terminology and directed styles.
- Proof read and edit, as required, written content and diagrams provided for review.
- Produce and edit graphics, illustrations and charts to aid understanding and complement complex written information.
- Assist with presentation of content and materials for publication.
- Liaise with stakeholders and end users to understand the documentation types and reader levels required.
- Work collaboratively with managers, stakeholders, subject matter experts and end users to ensure appropriate topics are addressed and finished documents meet product requirements.
- Research and build knowledge about products, services, technologies and concepts to be documented.
- Work within project schedules to meet deadlines.
- Develop and deliver all relevant documentation to ensure Project delivery to transitioned into Live Service (BAU Support).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- DV Clearance.
- Qualification in English, Communications or Information Technology.
- Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent written communication with the ability to explain concepts clearly and concisely.
- Understanding of relevant technologies.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and proactively in a team.
- Ability to work methodically to tight deadlines under pressure, whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in working in a secure environment (desirable).
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Technical Author
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.