- Pay Rate:
£26.88 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- HACKNEY, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Team Manager – Occupational Therapy
Job Reference: Hackney RQ684782
Pay Rate: £26.88 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
As part of Hackney Adults Services, this post is pivotal in supporting the delivery of health and social care for people with long term conditions in Hackney, including service users placed out of the borough.
To lead and manage a team of practitioners, principally but not exclusively Occupational Therapists, and line-manage and supervise senior practitioners and other practitioners within your given service area.
To ensure that all staff provide a person-centred and strengths-based service to all service users and their carers/families.
To ensure compliance with Safeguarding Adults according to all relevant local and national policy and legislation.
To manage the performance of the team concerning Health and Social Care Key Performance Indicators and local and team performance measures
To contribute to FOI requests, respond to complaints and provide information, reports, and feedback as required.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A UK state registered degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent qualification from other nations.
- Registration with HCPC and RCOT
- Extensive experience of working within Adults Services providing an Occupational Therapy service
- Extensive experience and knowledge of equipment and both minor and major adaptations in a community setting
- Extensive experience in manual handling techniques and equipment.
- Experience of working in an integrated health and social care environment
- Experience in managing and supervising staff in paid or unpaid capacity across a range of disciplines.
- Experience in supporting adults with complex additional needs, including Mental Health and Autism.
- Extensive experience in manual handling techniques and methods.
- Extensive experience in the recommendation and design of minor and major adaptations, including the relevant legislation underlying the provision of such adaptations.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of key principles and practice related to all relevant legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant statutory policies and procedures for service users, particularly Safeguarding Adults.
- A good in-depth understanding of Care Act legislation and in particular legislation relating to the needs of people with additional and complex needs including the Mental Capacity Act, Continuing Healthcare, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, The Mental Health Act and Safeguarding.
- Knowledge of current best practices in public and community health and preventative services.
- Good understanding of the needs of people with complex additional needs and long term conditions and the impact this has on their ability to communicate and function.
- Good knowledge of available equipment options and their applied use.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Team Manager – Occupational Therapy
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.