- Pay Rate:
£25.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Interim Team Manager
Job Ref: RQ597105
To deliver an innovative, efficient, flexible service to the Property Services Department ensuring it is customer focused, compliant and sustains high levels of excellence and value for money; in line with NCHA’s vision of “More Homes, Great Services, Better Lives
- Promote a positive inclusive culture that supports and models NCHA’s CLEAR values, behaviours and expectations.
- Recruit, induct, support, and develop colleagues promoting teamwork.
- Ensure that all information and advice given is accurate and up to date; communicating all areas of work activity to stakeholders in advance of work being carried-out; managing and responding to complaints within time scales.
- Update NCHA systems as required.
- Manage and evaluate performance effectively including analysis of contractor WIP performance; providing recommendations where appropriate and chasing overdue works.
- Support change management within teams.
- Contribute to the development of the policies and procedures and Department Operational Plans; recommending service improvements internally and to other departments.
- Support maintenance services to meet or exceed relevant service standards; and all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements to include (but not limited to) responsive, planned, capital, Health and Safety & technical inspections and surveys.
- Assist with the procurement of services via traditional tenders or frameworks in line with company policy and procedure; undertaking contract administration from inception to satisfactory completion and setting up contractual arrangements with service providers and contractors.
- Assist with property insurance claims as required
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree in a relevant construction related field
- Working knowledge of CDM, Asbestos and all other regulations relating to the delivery of service area works
- Post qualification experience working in housing Maintenance environment
- Experience of successfully managing individuals including their performance and development
- Complaint management experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- High level of numeracy, literacy and IT skills, including the ability to learn and develop the use of new systems
- Ability to manage the delivery of customer-orientated services
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Team Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.