- Pay Rate:
£35.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- SOUTHWARK, LONDON,
Interim Team Leader - Food Safety
Job Ref: 5204634
Managing the Food Safety Team to effectively deliver food law regulation and business compliance. as required by Food Law and the FSA
- To provide leadership and management of the officers of the team, providing direction and professional guidance.
- To assist the unit manager in the strategic development and long term business planning of the business unit, division and department in line with council priorities.
- To assist the unit manager in ensuring that the team provides and delivers a high quality service and achieves performance against national indicators.
- To contribute positively to the strategic management of the business unit, division and department and the development of policy through individual contribution and membership of management teams.
- To have knowledge for all financial matters within the post holder’s sphere of responsibility.
- To effectively manage direct reports through sound performance management and monitoring regimes.
- To create and lead effective partnerships with other key agencies including the Police, HMRC, UK Border Force, London Fire Brigade, OPSS, Food Standards Agency, PCT, UK Health Security Agency to deliver a multi-partnership response to the effective delivery of environmental health and trading standards services.
- To review and monitor performance and quality of services in accordance with the council’s visions and values
- To ensure that services offer best value, are innovative and achieve and maintain the highest standards of assured quality, are responsive to customer needs and service requirements, demonstrate clear corporate direction, vision and style and achieve effectiveness, efficiency and economy in operation.
- To be responsible for ensuring that services are delivered with regard to the highest attainable standards of customer care and satisfaction, whilst maintaining the council’s responsibilities to enforce statutory provision
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A relevant degree in an appropriate discipline or an equivalent academic or professional qualification
- Environment Health registration board certificate required for this role.
- In depth knowledge of Regulatory Services and related disciplines preferably within inner city areas
- Knowledge of human resource management including performance management, learning and development, and service delivery
- Current or recent work in food law regulation and at least relevant years post qualification experience delivering the range of food law regulation
- Experience of policy development, strategic planning and implementation in a partnership environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at a senior level in presentations, at meetings and in writing
- Ability to present highly complex statistical material to a variety of professional and lay audiences
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Team Leader - Food Safety
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.