- Pay Rate:
£23.96 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- YATE, South Gloucestershire,
Full Job Title: Interim Team Leader – Community Safety & Engagement
Reference no: S Gloucestershire RQ640203
This is an assignment for an experienced community safety practitioner to provide day to day line management support to the Community Safety Team due to the current Team Leader acting up. The team supports Anti- Social Behaviour issues, community tensions, hate crime and community safety CCTV.
- Direct line team management of 2 people but will also be a point of advice and guidance to a wider team of 10 people.
- Subject matter expert for advice and guidance and advising both the team and stakeholders on case appropriate actions.
- Performance monitoring and chasing progress reports.
- Liaising with external and voluntary sector partners on a day-day basis.
- Monitoring contracts for street marshalls and violence reduction.
- You may also be asked to support the community engagement and grants functions of the team but the priority will be the community safety aspects.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent community safety experience in a similar senior role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced in managing Anti-social behaviour issues, community tensions, hate crime and community safety CCTV.
- Must be an experienced line manager and excellent supervisor and able to help the team through a busy work load.
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Team Leader – Community Safety & Engagement
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.