- Pay Rate:
£24.36 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Full Job Title: Interim Systems Developer – ICT Services
Reference no: Sovereign 5208156
A System Developer is required with SharePoint and Power platform (PowerApps, Power automate) experience.
As a developer, working in a team of software developers and testers, be responsible for the design, development and deployment of solutions that fully meet customer requirements within Sovereign’s AGILE framework and Architectural guidelines.
Working with customers to shape the product backlog, design and recommend solutions that are fit for purpose.
Deliver the highest levels of quality assurance and support the delivery of solutions aligned to a programme of IT Change and Innovation, effectively communicating with all stakeholders in delivery of excellent development services.
Drive a culture of excellence throughout the engineering process
Support the wider IT team by taking ownership of third line support incidents.
- Responsible for requirements analysis - facilitating workshops to gather requirements and model business processes.
- Responsible for system design - designing and documenting the solution design needed to meet customers’ requirements.
- Responsible for configuration and customisation - configuring and customising systems according to the requirements and design specifications.
- Responsible for testing solutions – In collaboration with test engineers, testing the system to ensure the requirements have been satisfied and in collaboration and effective communication manage customers UAT phases.
- Responsible for solution documentation - creating concise technical support documents to facilitate the transition from development to operations and support.
- Responsible for third line support - assisting the support team to resolve escalated solution incidents.
- Collaboration - work together with other members of the team to enhance overall knowledge and behaviours through the use of blogs, forums and internal presentations and training.
- Accountable for ensuring full adherence to Sovereign’s Change and Project Management processes.
- Accountable for ensuring that all software development is done in an efficient manner to agreed scope and timescales.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and simply to employees through demos, conversation and meetings.
- Azure DevOps
- Experience of development in M365 and Microsoft Applications
- Power Automate
- Power Platform/PowerApps and Agile exposure
- Self-sufficient and able to take ownership of issues and tasks themselves
- SharePoint Online admin and development
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Systems Developer – ICT Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.